THE BOARD COUNCILS
Public Board Council
Led by President Mahek Dhaliwal and Vice-President Zachary Garbaty, the Public Board Council consists of student trustees in public boards across Ontario. This year, PBC is working on aiding students to transition back to school as well as several initiatives. The council also works on creating position papers that represent the collective view of students on particular issues. Through the Cabinet members, PBC will promote communication and cooperation amongst Public Student Trustees in Ontario, to provide a united voice.
The Public Board Council of OSTA-AECO is calling on the government, education unions, and school boards to formalize their commitment to “Put Students First” by including the necessary language in all new collective agreements.
The Public Board Council is also offering a scholarship to student trustees in collaboration with the Ontario Public School Board’s Association (OPSBA). Details can be found here.
Mahek Dhaliwal (left), Zachary Garbaty (right)
The President and Vice-President will work closely with the appointed Public Board Cabinet members:
- Eastern Regional Rep – Annika Putnam
- Southwestern Regional Rep – Cassandra McMahon
- Golden Horseshoe Regional Rep – Evan Taylor
- Northern Regional Rep – Ethan Hurtubise
- Communications Officer – Aaliyah Jaleel
- Secretary – Jamal Gagnon
Catholic Board Council
The CBC Stewards of Sustainability Document can be found here.
Annika Dela Torre (left), Teresa Siby (right)
The President and Vice-President will work closely with the appointed Catholic Board Cabinet members:
- Faith Ambassador – Keith Baybayon
- Communications – Kathy Nguyen
- Eastern Regional Rep – Declan Amaral
- Southern Regional Rep – Heather Fernandes
- Golden Horseshoe Regional Rep – Nicholas Gubert
- Western Regional Rep – Joseph Roshdy
- Northern Regional Rep- Noah Coccimiglio
Check out this message from the CBC celebrating Catholic Education Week in 2020: